*Cet section serait bientôt traduit!
Climate Justice Montreal is a group pursuing environmental and climate justice through education, mobilization and collective action in solidarity with directly affected communities.
A commitment to:
- Establishing relationships with communities directly affected by any issues we take on;
- Being transparent about our aims, interests and decision-making process within those relationships;
- Taking direction from affected communities and sharing the burden of their struggle through support work that amplifies their message and empowers affected community within;
- Considering and working for the well-being of affected communities in general;
- Being transparent about the criteria we use to determine who we work with in a given community, and take responsibility for the effects our interventions have.
Anti-oppression and decolonization
A commitment to:
- Understanding systemic oppression based on skin colour, ethnicity, class, gender, age, sexuality, ability, illness and mental health;
- Understanding our own role in normalizing this oppression on a day to day level, and taking appropriate action to create equitable relationships;
- Understanding our own history and the ways in which we benefit from historical and ongoing land theft;
- Confronting said land theft and the systemic devaluing of certain groups of human beings that makes it possible;
- Creating inclusive spaces by actively supporting and encouraging equal participation in meetings, roles, tasks etc.;
- Proactively sharing knowledge and skills to facilitate sharing of roles;
- Noticing who is excluded from the group, and seeking to understand why that is and take appropriate action.